The Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum
The Bissell Air Ram cordless vacuum is one of my favorite ever vacuums for good reason.
With four dogs and a cat running around our house, I needed a vacuum that was tough enough to pick up dog and cat fur on the first pass. This vacuum not only does that but, it never loses suction!
But, what I really like about this particular vacuum cleaner though, is that it’s cordless. No more tripping over a long cord, or having to find yet another outlet to plug into because you’ve extended your reach.
Instead, the Bissell AirRam features a lithium ion battery for easy recharging and is equipped to hold its charge for thirty minutes of high-powered suction. And really, who wants to vacuum longer than that anyway?
Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum Pros
- Cordless! What a pleasure it is to tote this vacuum around. No cord is awesome!
- The Bissell Air Ram is very lightweight. I can easily carry it up the steps in one hand.
- The cool headlight shows all that pesky dirt hiding in corners
- The vacuum head swivels very easily and lies flat to reach under and around furniture with ease.
- The Bissell Air Ram cordless vacuum has a folding handle which collapses into itself. This feature makes it easy to store in the already too-crowded closet we all have.
- Again, as an asset to seniors as well as frazzled moms, the cleaning head works on both carpet and hard floors. No changing attachments. I like that. A lot.
- Because all that dirt, dust, hair, and debris needs to go somewhere, the Bissell AirRam vacuum features an easy slide out dirt bin. No bags and no water reservoirs to change. It even has a dirt ‘pusher’ to help you empty the canister with no muss, no fuss.
- The Bissell Air Ram is excellent at picking up dog hair and, to me, that was really important around this fuzzy house.
Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum Negatives
- The head of this cordless vacuum is just a little too tall to get under the kitchen cabinets so I use a broom before hand to sweep the debris out. I consider it extra exercise….
- The filter gets positively filthy in my house! I used to rinse it but then I’d have to wait at least 24 hours for it to dry (you cannot put a damp filter in the thing).Instead, what I do is grab my little Shark handheld vacuum and vacuum the filter! Works perfectly!
Additional Author Comments
So to sum it up: The Bissell 1984 AirRam cordless vacuum is lightweight and portable, cordless, easily emptied, conveniently agile which means effective in hard to reach places, has a high quality lithium ion battery, and works on all surfaces without changing attachments.
Did I mention it’s cordless?!
Other Cordless Vacuums
All of the below cordless vacuums have at least a four out of five-star review on Amazon.com.
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106)Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV302)Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner,Black+Decker HSVJ520JMBF27 Cordless 20V Max Lithium 2-N-1 Stick Vacuum – EggplantDyson V6 Animal Cord-free VacuumBissell 1954 Bolt Lithium Ion PetDyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free VacuumEufy HomeVac Lightweight Cordless Upright-Style Vacuum Cleaner, 28.8V 2200 mAh Li-ion Battery Powered Rechargeable Bagless Stick and Vacuum with Wall Mount – BlackNPOLE N200 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner 2-speed Setting Rechargeable Bagless Stick and Handheld Vacuum with Upright Charging Base White