Charles VIANCIN The Lilypad Lid Small, Medium & Large Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover (Set of 4)If you’re looking for the next best thing to sliced bread, I’ve got ya covered with these fantastic Lilypad Silicone Lids for pots, pans or anything else you’d like to cover.
I picked up a set of these silicone pot lids on a whim one day while first seeing them in a specialty store. I was amazed at the idea that a soft, foldable piece of silicon would really do all of what the product claims. Well, I’m here to tell you that they do – they do every bit of their claim and just a bit more too.
Just set one of these silicone lids on any surface that has a flat rim (ie, these pot lids won’t work on, say, a pie plate with a bumpy rim as they won’t adhere). Press it and forget it! The suction that is created when the silicon adheres to the rim of a pot, pan or bowl is just amazing. You could pick the bowl up by the lid but I wouldn’t suggest it.
Silicone Suction Lid Pros
- My favorite feature is that these very versatile silicone lids do not get hot – ever. They can be set right on a pan boiling on the stove or in an oven. These flexible silicone lids will not get hot. Note: (and, listen up – this is important): Just because the lid doesn’t get hot doesn’t mean that you can’t suffer a nasty burn if you’re not careful. Always lift an edge that is away from you due to the steam that will come streaming out.And, talk about versatile! These silicone lids can be use on pots on the stove, in the microwave, or in the oven (up to 428F). When using them in the microwave, just turn the top over so that the lid is upside down on your bowl – this will allow venting in the microwave.
- These silicone suction lids will adhere to any bowl, in any shape, as long as it has a flat edge. As noted above, these will not adhere properly to dishes with scalloped edges as they can’t form the suction seal on an irregular surface.
- For spaces with small storage, like an RV kitchen, these pot and pan lids can’t be beat. Just roll them up and store them with the aluminum foil, etc.
- Cleaning is easy – toss them right into the dishwasher.
- These silicone pot lids are an excellent green solution as you won’t need to use that miserable cling wrap stuff (that doesn’t work anyway).
- The Charles VIANCIN brand of silicone lids are BPA free.
- A larger size works perfectly well on smaller bowls also so there’s no searching to find the ‘right’ lid.
- I love that these silicone covers come in many different styles as seen below.
Charles Viancin Poppy Silicone Lid – Set of 6 – 11Charles VIANCIN The Sunflower Small, Medium & Large Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover (Set of 3)Charles VIANCIN Hibiscus Lid – X-Small (4Charles VIANCIN The Banana Leaf Lid Medium & Large Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover (Set of 2)Silicone Suction Lids and Food Covers – Set of 5 – Fits various sizes of cups, bowls, pans, or containers!Charles Viancin Stacking Silicone Citrus Lids Orange 11, Lemon 9, Lime 8 Set of Three (3) New for 2014
Silicon Suction Pot Lid Cons
- The biggest con I can think of is that these silicon lids allow for operator error (and burns) fairly easily. Just make sure to open the side away from you to release the steam when cooking over heat.
- If you buy a ‘set’ of the silicone lids, you’re likely to get 2 very small lids – a lot of people don’t use that small a size but I find them perfect for reheating a can of soup or a cup of coffee. No more spillovers in the microwave.
I’ve had my own set of the Charles VIANCIN silicone suction lids for the past 3 years. They are as good as new. There’s no stains (like might be seen on other products when spaghetti is warmed), they’ve made it through the microwave multiple times. My silicone lids even have survived a puppy attack once (or twice).
I wish I had found these silicone pot lids when my parents were living on their own during their later years. They would have been the perfect gift for an elderly cook as they’re very lightweight and easy to use.
I love these silicone lids so much that, when I saw a matching wine cork and coasters, I knew I was about to be a bit poorer. Ah, but, the money spent was well worth it as the wine cork creates a perfectly sealed bottle of wine, no matter what size the cork was.
Charles Viancin Wine Bottle Stopper – Lily Pad, Sunflower, Hibiscus & Cherry BlossomCharles Viancin Sunflower Drink Coaster Set (4 Pack)Charles Viancin Poppy Coaster Set (4 Pack)Charles Viancin Hibiscus Coaster Set (2 Pack)