Shark Bagless Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106)
How I got my Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum
My friend, Sharyn, was taking care of our dogs for us during a recent vacation. I have a very nice, yet very old, Miele canister vacuum that is, self-admittedly, a bit cumbersome to use. The Miele though is an excellent vacuum, especially in our house where we usually had 4 or 5 dogs loafing around. But, for lighter everyday vacuuming, it is a beast, and, even with its long cord, I still have to unplug and replug it in periodically.
So, Sharyn surprised us upon our return with the Shark Navigator Cordless Stick Vacuum. I was a bit skeptical at first as it weighs next to nothing – right around 10 lbs – and, with no cord, I worried about running out of battery. I’m pleased to say that, as of this article, it’s never run out yet. Supposedly the battery only last 15 minutes or so but I’ve done as much as 25 minutes of vacuuming with it and it’s fine. I expect this might change as I use it more and it ages but, right now, the Shark Navigator Cordless Stick Vacuum is my favorite go-to vacuum for quick pick ups!
Pros of the Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Lightweight and extremely portable. It makes cleaning stairs a true breeze!
- Fairly large bagless container for its size. I still have to empty the container at least once if I’m vacuuming the downstairs of my house. But, then again, we have dogs and cats running around here…..
- The bagless container on this vacuum empties with a push of a button so you’re not sticking your hand in to empty it (ew….).
- Excellent, excellent, excellent in picking up pet hair! The thing never ever runs out of suction.
- This Shark Navigator stick vac is cordless which means it can go anywhere, including vacuuming my camper!
- 2 speeds means it will work great on carpeted areas as well as hardwood floors
- Sort of a low profile meaning the Shark vacuum can go under most furniture – but not all.
- Perfect for picking up in between actual vacuumings. You’ll still need a regular, powerful, full-sized vacuum.
- The Shark vacuum swivel head is one of the nicest I’ve ever seen. It swivels in any direction with very little effort.
- The charging stand is very small and compact and extremely easy to use. The Shark vacuum just sits right on the charging stand – a blue light means it’s charging.
- The Shark Navigator Freestyle stick vacuum can remain in its charger all the time. It automatically shuts off charging when it is done (the blue light goes off), so it’s always ready to go.
Negatives of the Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Because it has a power roller (that’s why it’s so good at picking up dog hair), you will have to turn it over periodically and untangle longer hairs from the brush but, this is a negative for any vacuum that has a power brush.
- If I’m vacuuming under my kitchen cabinets, I sometimes accidentally shut it off as the on/off buttons is on the vacuum head. I simply turn it around so that side is not under the cabinet and off I go again.
- I find that the 2 little bitty wheels in front, under the vacuum, tend to get stuck periodically with dog hair. The vacuum sort of drags as I push and that’s my signal to clean them out which takes a bit of doing. Since they’re not removable, I use a toothpick and get as much hair out as I can. Still a bummer….
- There are absolutely no attachments with this vacuum so that sort of limits what you can vacuum.
So, my honest opinion is that the Shark Navigator Cordless Stick Vacuum is an excellent vacuum for quick pick ups. It doesn’t have the power though to be a full time vacuum, unless maybe you live in a small, hardwood apartment. At just around $100 though, it’s a good investment for about anyone.
Other Good Highly Rated Cordless Vacuums
All of the below vacuums are rated with at least 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com:
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010Hoover Air Cordless Series 3.0 Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH50140Electrolux Ergorapido Lithium Ion Plus 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum, Deep BlueShark Rocket Vacuum (HV301)Dyson V6 Cordless VacuumHoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PCElectrolux ErgoRapido Ion 2-in-1 Stick/Handheld Vacuum 18 Volt Cordless, EL 1030A