At a Glance Product Review
This water filter pitcher is made of clear hard plastic and holds a carbon filter that filters regular tap water and makes it taste as good as any bottled water I’ve tried for a fraction of the cost.
- It’s economical! This water filter pitcher lets me have all the refreshing, good-tasting water I want for about a penny a glass.
- It’s environmentally sound. I really hate the idea of all of the stupid plastic water bottles that people toss every day. When I get one of those plastic bottles (I don’t buy them!), I wash it and refill it with filtered water that I can take with me in the future. I also fill one of these Thermos water bottles with filtered water to take along.
- The water tastes great. I love how this pitcher removes all the bad stuff. The bad stuff or contaminants, according to Amazon, include microbial cysts, chlorine, and trace pharmaceuticals (ew! who wants to drink other people’s drugs?). This filtration process leaves behind a great glass of water! And on Amazon, this water pitcher has a 4.3 out of 5 star rating.
- This filter water pitcher has a long-lasting filter. I can tell when the water starts to taste “off,” and I know it’s time to change the filter. Since it’s just me drinking water in my house usually, one filter lasts me roughly two or three months making this a great way to get good, reliable water for pennies.
- The pitcher fits nicely on the top shelf of the refrigerator if you like cold water. I save wine bottles with screw-on lids, wash them, and refill these bottles with filtered water. Then I put these bottles in my refrigerator and keep the filter pitcher on my countertop since I also use filtered water for cooking and making coffee.
- Screwing down the filter the first time can be tricky. You sort of have to push and twist. I’ve filled this pitcher before and then when I poured the first glass, the filter fell out of place because I hadn’t pushed it down and in place.
- After about 4 years of use, I had a pitcher in the past begin to leak so I had to replace it.
Can’t think of a thing I’d improve.
I’ve had my current Pur water filter pitcher going on 5 years now and it’s still working like it did when it was new.
The Bottom Line:
To save money and be environmentally responsible, this water filter pitcher is a perfect way to stay healthy and have great water to drink.
You Might Also Like: