Speedo Women’s Hydro Comfort 2.0 LU Water Shoe,Black/Pink,8 M US
John and I are on the go a lot and, that usually means messing around in water of some kind. More often than not, one of our cruise vacations will find us sitting on a lounge chair somewhere, on a tropical beach littered (beautifully) with broken shells and lava.
It was out of necessity (and more cuts on my feet than I wish to remember) that I found these wonderful Speedo Amphibious Lace Up Water Shoes. Note: the water shoes in my own picture below are no longer made – Speedo has replaced them with the amphibious hydro water shoes you see there in the product to the left.
Speedo Hydro Comfort Lace Up Water Shoe Pros
- My favorite feature of these excellent water shoes is that they’re amphibious which means they work just as well in the water as on land. These water shoes have a thick sole, unlike other models, so you won’t feel a lump as you walk over a rock or a piece of glass. You can even jog in these shoes (why you’d want to when you could be sitting on a beach if beyond me….).
- The lace up feature of these water shoes makes them much easier to pull on, especially when they’re already wet. I have no problem getting these shoes on or off, in or out of the water.
- Although ‘comfort’ is part of the product name, these really stand up to that word. I hate shoes and only wear
them when I have to which is to protect my feet on the beach and in the water. These shoes are comfortable for an EE foot (mine) so I don’t hate them as much as other shoes…
- Water and sand just drain right through the holes in the shoe. No more walking around sloshing.
- I’m not sure this is as much a ‘con’ as a typical comment for shoes designed to wear in water but, if you’re on a slippery surface, like algae on a rock surface, you will slip even in these shoes. Be careful!
Additional Author Comments
I wear these shoes when walking the dogs in the morning on a dewy surface. Also, these are the perfect go-to shoes if you are going to be walking in a drenching rain. At least your good leather shoes won’t be ruined. I also suggest going up in this shoe a size as they tend to run shorter than other water shoes I’ve had. I bought a 10 when my normal shoe is a 9. They fit perfectly well and, with the laces cinched up, there is no slipping of my heel or foot.
These are also the perfect shoe is you’re doing water aerobics or jogging in a pool. Comfort and style! Look at me go!
Here’s some other highly rated water shoes on Amazon.com:
Teva Women’s Refugio Water Shoe,Slate,8.5 M USRYKA Women’s Hydro Sport Water Shoe,Black/Dark Pink/Grey,9 M USKEEN Women’s Whisper Sandal,Black/Neutral Gray,8 M USSpeedo Women’s ZipWalker Water Shoe,Black/Black,8 M