Picnic Time Portable Reclining Camp Chair, Black/GrayWe’ve recently bought a new camper and looked and looked for the perfect camping chair – that is, until we discovered the Picnic Time Reclining Camp Chair you see there to the left.
I’m an online writer of reviews and a whole lot of other things so I spend a lot of time with my iPad or my computer in my lap, typing away. Sometimes, I like to sit indian-style with crossed legs so I had a hard time finding a portable camping chair that would accommodate my preferred position.
This Picnic Time reclining camp chair fits all my needs, literally and figuratively. I can cross my legs, put a mug of coffee in one of the cup holders and type away. This chair also has 3 separate reclining positions (more on that in the ‘Cons’ section later).
Picnic Time Portable Reclining Camp Chair Pros
- The padding on this particular camp chair is much more evident than in lesser models. My butt never ‘falls asleep’ even with hours of daydreaming under my belt (pun intended – sorry).
- With a 300 lb weight limit, this portable camping chair should fit about everyone’s needs.
- This full service chair includes an insulated cup holder, and a large zippered pocket on the back (perfect for collecting beach glass or holding paperback books and a small lunch).
- This chair actually folds up easily and slides right inside it’s storage tote which has a nice shoulder strap for easy carrying to that tailgate party.
- Although not touted as waterproof, you can see where my own chair usually ends up in that picture to the right. I always let it dry out before storing it and, so far, so good. No mold or mildew anywhere.
- I particularly like that this portable camping chair has no bar across the front of the legs so it’s more comfortable seating for me.
- Picnic Time touts this chair as being ‘reclining’ and, although, legally, that’s correct, the reclining positions are almost indistinguishable from each other. Don’t expect to lay back flat and take a snooze in this camping chair.
- The insulated drink holder? Not so much. You won’t be disappointed if you forget it’s ‘insulated’ and just use it with a coozie for your beer. It really doesn’t keep drinks warm or cold any longer than they would be outside the chair.
Additional Author Comments
If you have someone in your family who likes to camp, go to sporting events, fish, or enjoy the great outdoors during a family picnic, this is the perfect portable chair for them. This chair also comes in some pretty colors like navy, red, green, black or gray.
You’ll find more fun camping items on my website: GoodGiftsForRvOwner.com. Come visit me!
Other Good Camping Chairs
Here’s a few other highly rated camping chairs on Amazon.com – note: I have not tried any of the below but they all received at least a 4 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.com:
Coleman Broadband Quad Chair with Cooler, BlackSport-Brella Recliner Chair, Midnight BlueWenzel Banquet Chair, X-Large, BlueQuik Shade Fully Adjustable Folding Chair with Carrying Bag (Forest Green)ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Camp Chair with Shoulder Carry Bag and Padded Back/SeatBrowning Camping 8517114 Fireside Chair with Pro-Tec Powder Coating Finish (Gold Logo)