Why I Enjoy My Air-O-Swiss Portable Humidifier
For the five years I was my Mom’s caregiver, it was very difficult for me to travel for pleasure or business and, since I have a love of new places, my style was sort of cramped. Now that Mom is no longer with me though, I’ve been on the road almost constantly.
One of the problems I have with visiting new places, particularly those in a dry environment (like Arizona) is adapting to the lack of humidity in the air. I’m a native born Washingtonian and, with the Potomac River, the Chesapeake Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean within short range of my house, I rarely needed a humidifier inside my own house. But, when on vacations or on the road, I wandered across this personal travel humidifier that I’ve chosen to spotlight in this article.
I first found the Air-O-Swiss Portable Travel Humidifier sitting on the Bed, Bath and Beyond counter. It was pouring water vapor right into my face and I was in love! It’s such a simple little design, yet brilliant at the same time.
Air-O-Swiss Portable Humidifier Pros
- The Air-O-Swiss Travel Humidifier uses any standard water bottle as the filler bottle. This makes it ultimately portable since all one needs to pack is the base unit. Just pick up a small water bottle at any local store and you’re set to go.
- This portable humidifier has a dial so you can adjust the moisture in the air to your liking.
- This travel humidifier comes with power cords that adapt to US or European plugs so no adaptors are needed to be toted along.
- The Air-O-Swiss Travel Humidifier has a blue LED light that turns on when the humidifier is working properly. The light is just bright enough to use as a small nightlight in a strange hotel room.
- No holding tank for the water is needed since the water is in the bottle. This means no disinfectant of the holding tank at all – a problem with larger humidifiers.
- Extremely quiet when the humidifier is running. I’m a light sleeper and this unit has never woken me up.
- Due in part because of its small size, on high mist, the unit runs out of water about every 6 hours. It’s easy to refill though so this is not really a problem for me.
I don’t just rely on my Air-O-Swiss portable humidifier for hotel rooms; I’m off in my travel trailer frequently and always bring my portable humidifier along for the ride. Whether I stay by the sea or in the desert, the air is always just moist enough. This unit would be great on a work desk or anywhere that a small footprint humidifier would be handy.